Worship with us on Sundays at 7:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. Mid-day prayers are at noon on Wednesdays!
(A nursery staffed by a certified and licensed preschool teacher is provided during the entire 11 a.m. service).
- The Southern Maryland Concert Band, under the direction of Michael Peerless, will perform at the La Plata Town Hall on Friday, August 26. The concert will begin at 7:00 p.m.
- Flower Dedications: If you are interested in making a monetary donation to provide altar flowers in honor/memory someone or to celebrate an anniversary/event, please contact Carol Gentry. There are many Sundays still available in 2016 and 2017. There is no set amount for the donation; whatever you are able and willing to give for a flower dedication.
- Responding to the Gulf Coast Flood Victims. If you would like to help those who have beenaffected by the tragic flooding. There are two ways we may give through the Episcopal Church.The first is to make a donation to the Episcopal Relief and Development (ERD). The Diocese is partnering with ERD to help flood victims.
You may give online at: http://www.episcopalrelief.org/what–you-can-do/donate–now/individual–donation. Or you may also give directly to the Bishop’s Discretionary Account, which is being used to provide emergency assistance. To give to that fund, make your check out to “The Bishop’s Professional Fund” and earmarked “2016 Flood Relief” in the memo line. You can mail them to:Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana, 1623 Seventh St., New Orleans, LA 70115.
- Sunday School classes for Pre-K through elementary age children will resume at 11:00 a.m. on September 4th in the Parish Hall Nursery Rooms.
- Christ Church, La Plata and Christ Church, Wayside will gather at Port Tobacco on Sunday, September 11 th to celebrate Homecoming. A service will be held at 11:00 a.m. inside the foundation of the original 1683 church. A picnic and family activities will follow the service.
- Choir Forming. Beginning Sunday, September 18th, we will begin rehearsals for Children’s Choir. Children of all ages are invited to attend. We will meet in the parish hall at 10:20 a.m.
- Christ Church, Old Durham Parish will host From Scotland: North Sea Gas on Friday, October 7 at 7:00 p.m. “North Sea Gas” is one of Scotland’s most popular folk bands with great vocals. Admission: Free-will donation.
Genesis Health Care Center – All are welcome to join us at 3:00 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month for worship and Holy Communion at Genesis Health Care Center in La Plata, MD (1 Magnolia Drive).
112 Charles Street (next to the Charles County Circuit Court)
P.O. Box 760
La Plata, MD 20646